Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love the decorations – indoors and out, special activities and holidays, and, of course, I love SCHOOL!
Since returning from Fall Break, the elementary has been hard at work: from singing letter sound chants and memorizing multiplication facts to reading Holes and discovering division, we are covering the basics and so much more. It is important to note that your children are only able to take advantage of these opportunities if they are in class. Attendance is so important to the learning process! Please try to schedule appointments and family trips outside of school hours...please help your children understand they can only be absent if they are sick or if there is a family emergency.
Special dates to remember in the last half of the fall semester include:
- 10/31: Halloween Parties, 2:15 PM
- 11/1: Tiger Rise and Shine, 8:30 AM
- 11/6: Retake Pictures; “Cinderella”, 1:15 PM
- 11/11: Veteran’s Day Assembly, 9:00 AM
- 11/21: Vision Screening, 9:00 AM
- 11/25-29: Thanksgiving Break
- 12/13: Tiger Rise and Shine, 8:30 AM
- 12/17: Christmas Program, 6:30 PM
- 12/20: Christmas Parties, 2:15 PM
- 12/23-1/3: Christmas Break
On a final note, it feels like winter is trying to crowd out fall. Please make sure your children are appropriately attired in warm clothes and coats for school each day. We appreciate your help with this matter.
Thank you for partnering with us to provide your children with the best education experience possible.
Alisha M. Wallace
“If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing well.” – Eric Liddell